Monday, April 18, 2011

For Nurgle or the Emperor

So currently I am having a issue when it comes to considering what I should actually do with the army I am going to be painting. I have two ways to build the list and army which is being considered. I am still set on making a Pre-Heresy painted Death Guard army, except what side should I fight for. I have the option of supporting the Loyalist side in favor of the Emperor or Nurgle who well in the story is a nice cuddly happy individual. That is if you don't mind a few maggots or thousands of different diseases infecting you.

Choosing a side does have an effect in what I will get to experience while I play the game. If I have them follow the Emperor I will have access to some new equipment that I find interesting. Probably the crowning piece of gear I would enjoy being able to field is the Storm Shield that Terminators are allowed to equip. Some of the vehicles would be interesting in to be able to field.

There is the joy though if I have them side with Nurgle, of being able to field the Plague Marines which I enjoy. Even though I feel they are not as useful now as they used to be before the newer rules I am drawn to them. I think this is mostly because I have used them for several years in previous lists and armies that I have put together.

The Emperor



Cuddly Nurgle

4 comments:

  1. I would go with what ever can get you the most armor on the field. With 5th edition being strongly focused on tanks and putting your infantry in transports and the big emergence of ap3 weapons which ever side is going to give you more armor the better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If they ever make a Cuddly Nurgle Plushie, I will buy it out right and give it to my mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could just go vehicles but I really like the idea of going fluff. When trying to win I think I will hold out till the Necron finally get their archaic rules actualy updated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not if a cuddly Nurgle Plushie would be appropriate for a normal mom lol. Though I have to say that would be so awesome..

    ReplyDelete